Geek Table

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Bride Pushes Groom Off a Cliff
Page 1 of 1  sorted by


Sith Lord

Posts: 22752
Date: Sep 12, 2013
Bride Pushes Groom Off a Cliff
Permalink  
 


091013_ff_newlydead_640.jpg

 

Groom allegedly pushed to his death by wife was warned not to marry her, friends say

 

Published September 12, 2013

| FoxNews.com

A groomsman in Cody Lee Johnson's wedding warned him not to marry his 22-year-old wife, who authorities say pushed her husband off a cliff in Glacier National Park during an argument just a week after they married, The Missoulian newspaper reported.

Jordan Linn Graham was charged on Monday with second-degree murder for allegedly pushing her 25-year-old husband to his death after an argument inside the sprawling Montana park on July 7. The woman could face life in prison if convicted in the death of Johnson.

A close friend of Johnson's told the newspaper that he and others cautioned Johnson not to marry Graham after he proposed to her shortly before Christmas 2012.

"Their interaction with each other, it didn’t seem like a happy, loving relationship that you would normally see. It was just very awkward, I guess," Cameron Fredrickson, who knew Johnson since 2006, told the newspaper.

"She was just very distant and reserved," he said.

Graham made an initial court appearance on Monday before U.S. Magistrate Judge Jeremiah C. Lynch. She is currently being held at the Missoula County Detention Facility. It was not immediately clear if she had a lawyer.

Charging documents suggest Graham was having second thoughts about getting married around the time her husband's body was discovered.

Graham has told an FBI agent that she and her husband had been arguing on July 7 as they walked in the Loop Trail area of the park.

At one point, she turned to walk away, but Johnson grabbed her arm, she said. She turned around, removed his hand from her arm and "due to her anger, she pushed Johnson with both hands in the back, and as a result, he fell face first off the cliff," an affidavit states.

Johnson was reported missing on July 8 when he failed to show up for work. Graham later reported that she had spotted his body.

Graham initially told investigators that Johnson left their house late on July 7 with unidentified friends in a dark-colored car with Washington state license plates.

That night she texted a friend and said she was about to talk to Johnson about her reservations about having gotten married the previous weekend.

The friend, identified only by the initials K.M., told the FBI about receiving the text from Graham just before 9 p.m. in which Graham said, "Oh well, I'm going to talk to him."

The friend responded, "I'll pray for you guys."

Graham replied, "But dead serious if u [sic] don't hear from me at all again tonight, something happened."

Another friend said Graham reported receiving an email on July 10 saying Johnson had left with three friends, went hiking, had fallen and was dead.

The next day, Graham reported to park officials that she had spotted Johnson's body. A ranger thought that was unusual, but Graham explained, "'It was a place he wanted to see before he died," authorities said.

Graham was interviewed on July 16 and acknowledged lying about her husband's death, authorities said.

"She kept continuing to lie, she kept changing her story," Johnson family friend Tracy Maness told the Missoulian newspaper. "She showed no grief and she would not speak to Cody’s mother."

Maness added that Johnson was excited about his wedding and in love with Graham.

"He was very in love with Jordan," she said. "And he was really excited about starting the next chapter of his life."

Johnson's family and friends had long suspected that his death was the result of foul play. As Maness told the paper, "Nobody is shocked at all ... She’d been telling people she knew she never wanted to be married, she just wanted to have a wedding, and that’s apparently what they were arguing about."



__________________

Love me love, please retweet



Sith Lord

Posts: 22752
Date: Sep 12, 2013
Permalink  
 

That seems pretty risky. I mean wouldn't there be a good chance you could stumble or trip and fall off the cliff too?

__________________

Love me love, please retweet



Sith Lord

Posts: 21944
Date: Sep 12, 2013
Permalink  
 

I saw this yesterday at cnn. She's a nut job, so it would seem. Hopefully, she'll get the mental help she needs.



__________________

'If Obama had been President of the Republic of Texas in 1836, he would have put Santa Anna's invading army on food stamps and Section 8 housing in return for their votes.' ~ Yu So Wong

 



Always misinterpret when you can

Posts: 20462
Date: Sep 12, 2013
Permalink  
 

One problem with listening to confessions from nut jobs is, some of them will just repeat back what their interrogator tells them to say.



__________________


Grand Master

Posts: 6913
Date: Sep 12, 2013
Permalink  
 

I saw this a few days ago. She is a nut. Who knows if it was an accident due to the fight or premeditated. Either way, why did she make up all the stuff about him going off with friends? Seems if she wanted to get away with it, she could have said he tripped or something. I know, I'm a weirdo for thinking that, but really, I guess it's a good thing criminals are so dumb.

__________________

Remember that everyone you meet is afraid of something, loves something, and has lost something.



Sith Lord

Posts: 22752
Date: Sep 12, 2013
Permalink  
 

Why should we care about her mental health? She killed him execute her if she is from guilty.

__________________

Love me love, please retweet



Always misinterpret when you can

Posts: 20462
Date: Sep 12, 2013
Permalink  
 

NotAnyOtherWay wrote:

I saw this a few days ago. She is a nut. Who knows if it was an accident due to the fight or premeditated. Either way, why did she make up all the stuff about him going off with friends? Seems if she wanted to get away with it, she could have said he tripped or something. I know, I'm a weirdo for thinking that, but really, I guess it's a good thing criminals are so dumb.


 Yes.



__________________


Grand Master

Posts: 6235
Date: Sep 12, 2013
Permalink  
 

It is so sad. Just because she wanted a wedding now he is dead & she will spend her life in jail. It hardly seems worth it.

__________________


aka PBJ (M)

Posts: 33990
Date: Sep 12, 2013
Permalink  
 

At the very least, she needs to be denied any benefit she'd otherwise get from his death. Insurance beneficiary, so forth. And yes I'm glad she's being charged with something.

__________________

Respect the minivan.



Sith Lord

Posts: 21944
Date: Sep 12, 2013
Permalink  
 

Lady Gaga Snerd wrote:

Why should we care about her mental health? She killed him execute her if she is from guilty.


Because we live in a society with a complex legal system.  Mental health directly impacts ability to prosecute and penalize a criminal.

 

We can kill the mentally ill all we want for crimes, but the issue will keep happening regardless if we acknowledge their condition.

 

Standing next to a cliff, pushing a person implies intent to kill, not accidental in my book. Are they the rational actions of a person? no, not imo. Temporary insanity plea exists because sometimes people do snap. After the argument, she could have walked away, left him and called it a day. But, she chose to push him.

 

A person who wants a wedding but not the husband to me shows signs of mental defect -delusional and emotionally immature. It could be a 'crime of passion', heat of anger etc, but I'd expect the mentally ill card to be played as a matter of pragmatism. She's not as bad as the guy who drowned his bride scuba diving  for insurance money ( well planned, intent is clear), but she's  pretty close because such a push would have obvious results.



__________________

'If Obama had been President of the Republic of Texas in 1836, he would have put Santa Anna's invading army on food stamps and Section 8 housing in return for their votes.' ~ Yu So Wong

 



Grand Master

Posts: 6913
Date: Sep 12, 2013
Permalink  
 

She sounds like a selfish, spoiled, entitled brat. I'm sure she will play the mentally ill card, but I don't think immaturity should count.

__________________

Remember that everyone you meet is afraid of something, loves something, and has lost something.



Sith Lord

Posts: 22752
Date: Sep 12, 2013
Permalink  
 

YellowDaisy6 wrote:
Lady Gaga Snerd wrote:

Why should we care about her mental health? She killed him execute her if she is from guilty.


Because we live in a society with a complex legal system.  Mental health directly impacts ability to prosecute and penalize a criminal.

 

We can kill the mentally ill all we want for crimes, but the issue will keep happening regardless if we acknowledge their condition.

 

Standing next to a cliff, pushing a person implies intent to kill, not accidental in my book. Are they the rational actions of a person? no, not imo. Temporary insanity plea exists because sometimes people do snap. After the argument, she could have walked away, left him and called it a day. But, she chose to push him.

 

A person who wants a wedding but not the husband to me shows signs of mental defect -delusional and emotionally immature. It could be a 'crime of passion', heat of anger etc, but I'd expect the mentally ill card to be played as a matter of pragmatism. She's not as bad as the guy who drowned his bride scuba diving  for insurance money ( well planned, intent is clear), but she's  pretty close because such a push would have obvious results.


 And, your evidence that she is mentally ill versus just a nasty person is what exactly?



__________________

Love me love, please retweet



Sith Lord

Posts: 22752
Date: Sep 12, 2013
Permalink  
 

Even IF she is mentally ill, that does not absolve you from the crime in any way unless you are legally insane. And, there isn't much evidence of insanity in this case but a LOT of evidence of motive, planning , and attempts at a cover up.

__________________

Love me love, please retweet



Jedi

Posts: 3412
Date: Sep 12, 2013
Permalink  
 

ed11563 wrote:
NotAnyOtherWay wrote:

I saw this a few days ago. She is a nut. Who knows if it was an accident due to the fight or premeditated. Either way, why did she make up all the stuff about him going off with friends? Seems if she wanted to get away with it, she could have said he tripped or something. I know, I'm a weirdo for thinking that, but really, I guess it's a good thing criminals are so dumb.


 Yes.


 That's what I can't figure out. If there were no witnesses, she could easily have said it was an accident. Pretty strange to admit to it.



__________________

 

I am woman. Hear me snore.

 



Sith Lord

Posts: 24132
Date: Sep 12, 2013
Permalink  
 

YellowDaisy6 wrote:

I saw this yesterday at cnn. She's a nut job, so it would seem. Hopefully, she'll get the mental help she needs.


 She KILLED someone.  I don't give a rat's ass if she gets mental help.  She needs to be locked up for life--or, even better, get the death penalty. 



__________________

Life goes by pretty fast.  If you don't stop to take a look around once in a while and do whatever you want all the time, you might miss it.

Eric Cartman

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.



Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard